Sunday, December 2, 2012

Christmas placemats (made from a vinyl tablecloth)
















I wanted some Christmas placemats that would wipe off easily so I got the idea to make them out of a vinyl tablecloth. I bought the tablecloth at the Christmas Tree Shop for 2.99 and I could probably make at least 10 placemats out of it. I picked one without any strict geometric patterns so that I wouldn't have to worry about lining everything up just perfectly. I just traced a folding tv tray I had for the shape, folded the corners in and the sides in (sort of like wrapping a present) and pinned it and then sewed it around. They were very easy and I think they look pretty nice. I didn't bother with trying to get our the wrinkles but I saw online somewhere that you can put them in the dryer on low with a wet towelle for short amounts of time until it is smooth.


No comments:

Post a Comment