1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
2. Bring 4 cups of chicken broth and 1 cup of brown rice to a boil (or at least half chicken broth and water. They sell boxes of Chicken broth for a dollar at Dollar Tree which is a sweet deal.) Add at least 2 tablespoons of butter (I like butter) and a teaspoon of minced garlic. Then shake in some Italian seasoning or any other herbs you want and give it a stir.
3. Turn down to a simmer (medium low or low) and cover. Let cook for 20 minutes.
4. During this time cut up your veggies into thin strips. The thinner the strips are the faster they will cook. I would say no more than 1/2 inch thick. I have tried zuchinni and yellow squash and carrots so far. Lay in a single layer on parchment paper. Drizzle with olive oil and spread over the veggies using a pastry brush.
5. Sprinkle with kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper. Then add some spices such as paprika (we have some smoked Hungarian paprika that is amazing), Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle, or whatever other herbs and spices you like. We do paprika and the Mrs. Dash and we love it.
6. Bake in oven for at least 20 minutes or until tender and a little carmelized, may take 30 minutes if the pieces are larger.
7. Once the 20 minutes on the rice is done add 1 cup of white rice. Recover and let cook for 20 more minutes.
8. Veggies and rice should be ready at about the same time. Serve a bowl of rice with a heaping of the roasted veggies on top and enjoy because it will be really flavorful.