Sunday, July 29, 2012

Homemade Chalk Board

This is an easy and cheap craft for your living room or kitchen wall. I found the idea here. I just found a frame at a yard sale, took out the glass, and had my husband cut a piece of wood to attach to the back with a staple gun. I painted the wood with chalkboard paint that I bought with my Joann's 40% off coupon of course. The first time I made it I used plywood because we had some lying around. That did not work because it looks ugly and the chalk dust gets stuck in the cracks and won't come out when you erase it. I replaced it later with a smooth piece of wood I bought at Home Depot, it was only 4 dollars and we didn't even need all of it. Then I bought a pack of colored sidewalk chalk at Dollar Tree. It's fun for holidays, birthdays, and any other other temporary message you want to display. It's normally in the kitchen but I've taken it to parties and other events to use as a fun decoration. 





No comments:

Post a Comment