Saturday, April 28, 2012

Ranch Dip Mix

  At our house we LOVE ranch dip (the sour cream based kind). We eat it with our homemade chicken bites, veggies, fried zuchinni, etc. We used to buy the packets but they are pricey and the off brands are not as good as the name brands. Then I had my sister-in-law's homemade mix and I loved it. It's one of the best kept secrets I have discovered. It's extremely cheap and easy to make and this batch will make almost 60 cups of dip, it will last you a long time! I would half this recipe if it you don't want to make a ton. You can also use this mix to make ranch dressing with buttermilk or mayo but we don't each very much ranch dressing so I haven't tried that yet. 


8 saltine crackers
8 T (1/2 cup) dried parsley
4 T (1/4 cup) dried minced onions
1 T dried dill (can use chives instead or half and half)
4 T (1/4 cup) garlic salt
2 T onion powder
2 T garlic powder

Put in food processor and blend for 30 seconds or so, until everything is well chopped and mixed. Store in airtight container. Use 1/2 T per cup of sour cream. 







No comments:

Post a Comment