Monday, April 9, 2012

Deviled Eggs (my secret recipe)












After Easter you have a lot of hardboiled eggs lying around. I happen to love Deviled eggs so  I make a bunch of them and eat so many I get sick. I think the reason some people don't like deviled eggs is because they've only tried the gross ones with just mayo and mustard. I've created a really tasty recipe to make the filling and everyone else seems to like them too.  It's one of those add a little of this, add a little of that recipes, so this Easter I finally decided to measure what I added so that I could put the recipe on this blog. I use the same ingredients to make egg salad too.

Recipe for 12 deviled eggs:

6 hard boiled eggs, peeled and cut in half, yokes removed
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon mustard
1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon dill pickle juice
1-3 teaspoon sugar (depending on your sweetness preference)
salt and pepper


Mash yokes with fork and add the rest of the ingredients. You can adjust any single ingredient to taste but I start with these amounts. Fill egg whites with filling using spoon or pastry bag (pastry bag is a lot of work but the result is worth it). If you use a pastry bag you may need to reduce the amount of mayo (by 1/2 - 1 T ) depending on what size of tip you have so that it comes out just right. Sprinkle with paprika for garnish.


No comments:

Post a Comment