Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Jar of Salsa in < 5 min


This recipe came from a friend at church who is a great cook so I call it Sister H. salsa. It's more of a restaurant style non-chunky salsa which I love and it's super easy to make. I don't like store bought jar salsa very much because the peppers and onions are rubbery. I was so happy when she shared her recipe with me. My mother-in-law gave me the idea to use a canning jar on a blender - it's just like the magic bullet - genius!


1 can of diced tomatoes (the kind with lime and cilantro makes it even better)
2 jalapenos, chopped into a few pieces (with as many seeds as you can handle)
1 clove of minced garlic
handful of cilantro (I used cilantro that I had previously frozen in a yogurt cup of water)
salt to taste (a few shakes worked for me)


Thaw cilantro under running hot water in a strainer. Put all ingredients into a canning jar. Screw the blades of your blender onto the jar. Turn the jar upside down, hold it down with your hand, and give it a whirl. Use within a few days or freeze.













1 comment:

  1. YUMMM! The boyfriend and I are HUGE fans of salsa and trying to make our own... we might have to give this a try!! : )

    Also wanted you to know that I added your button to the Peers page... I don't know why I hadn't done that already, but it's up there now! : )

    -Mel the Crafty Scientist

    ReplyDelete